Paneer 65 is a spicy, crispy, dry, and irresistibly delicious snack prepared by deep-frying Shuddh paneer cubes coated in spicy paste. This dish serves as a starter, appetizer, snack, or accompaniment. This recipe uses a variety of Indian spices and a combination of cornflour, all-purpose flour, and curd to get its signature tongue-tickling taste.
- Cut your Shuddh paneer into one-inch cubes. Then, mix Maida, cornflour, rice flour, ginger, garlic, chaat masala powder, garam masala powder, 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder, coriander powder, red food colour, and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Then, add approximately five tablespoons of water to make a medium-thick paste. Add the Shuddh paneer cubes to the prepared paste and mix it until every cube is coated well with it.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame for deep frying. Deep fry all pieces in four to five batches at a time until they are all golden brown and crispy. Spread some good quality paper napkins on a plate to drain the cubes.
- Heat two teaspoons of oil in another pan over medium flame. Then, add the sliced onion, curry leaves, and sauté until the onion turns translucent.
- Add the thick curd, 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder, and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Mix it well and cook it for a minute.
- Add the fried Shuddh paneer pieces and cook for two to three minutes.
- Finally, turn off the stove and transfer the cooked and dried Shuddh paneer 65 into a serving dish.
Some tips and variations for Paneer 65
- If you are preparing some Paneer 65 as snacks for kids, make sure to reduce the quantity of ginger, garlic, and red chillies. You don’t want to make it too spicy for the kids.
- Add a pinch of tandoori or red food colour if you want the dish to get a nice orange colour. However, try not to use any additive food colour since it doesn’t affect or improve the dish’s taste.
- You can opt to not add the thick curd and onion in the recipe above if you don’t want to.
For another variation, add some sliced capsicum sauté for two minutes. Try this recipe with Shuddh Paneer now!
Explore more recipes with Shuddh Dairy products here.