Shrikhand is an Indian dessert that never fails to impress! It’s dreamy, creamy and scrumptious. Shrikhand is cooling, refreshing, and perfect for summers.
All you need to make this delicious recipe at home is:
- Shuddh Yogurt – 3 cups
- Saffron Strands – 1 pinch
- Cardamom – 1/4 Tsp
- Powdered Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Almonds – 2 Tbsp (chopped)
- Pistachio – 1 Tbsp (chopped)
- Take a colander over a sizeable tall bowl to collect the whey. Spread a muslin cloth over the strainer, add Shuddh Yogurt and squeeze out the excess.
- Wrap the cloth with one of the edges to make a knot, place the bundle of Shuddh Yogurt under a heavy object to drain the excess whey.
- Transfer the hung curd to a plate and leave it in the refrigerator for a good 15 to 18 hours.
- Soak saffron in 1 tbsp hot water or milk. Remove strained Shuddh Yogurt from the plate and add the saffron-infused milk, powdered Sugar and cardamom powder.
- Whisk it well until it’s smooth.
- Garnish Shrikhand with chopped nuts, and voila, your delicious homemade dessert is ready to serve. Enjoy!